JOB SEEKER TIPS
is the software behind Ideal Military Hire. PowerMatch™
is a one of a kind matching-and-ranking system that matches candidates and job openings in seconds! Due to the intuitive nature of PowerMatch™
, it is important to create the most detailed, descriptive profiles that you can.
1. Complete a Candidate Profile:
Ideal Military Hire allows you to describe your work experience by selecting specific skills and capabilities. After all, employers want to know what you can do!
When completing and editing your profile, select as many applicable skills as possible. You can select the skills that you learned through military, civilian, and academic experiences to create a varied, descriptive picture of who you are.
Plus, with the new Military Skills Translator, you can translate your military duties to civilian job skills in mere seconds!
Remember; employers want to find the right candidate just as much as you want to find the right career. So, show them what makes you
the right candidate!
2. Manage your Career Search Using your Candidate Home Page:
On your first visit, upon completing your profile, you will be taken to your personal candidate Home Page. The Home Page has a number of sections for you to manage your career search. These include:
- A Profile Completion Review: Shows your profile completion rate and links you to sections that you still need to complete.
- Job Searches/Matches: This section shows the current jobs that your skills match to.
- Communication: This section tracks all of your correspondence with employers.
- Personal Profile Link: This link showcases your professional profile. You have the opportunity to re-name your link and forward this link to friends, family and potential employers to see an overview of your skills and professional background.
On your next and future visits to Ideal Military Hire when you log on you will arrive at your Home Page. You can continue to manage and update your profile, search open positions and maintain correspondence with employers. You can even access your saved On-Line TAP Manual
to use again in the future!
Make sure to login often and update your skills to remain competitive in your career search. Your IMH Candidate Home Page will be the launching point for you and your family to make a smooth transition from military to civilians!
3. Sign Up for Your IMH E-Newsletter:
Transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce can be challenging. The IMH E-Newsletter
is your resource for staying informed about issues that matter to you and
Your IMH E-Newsletter
delivers up-to-date information about hiring trends, exciting educational opportunities, and networking opportunities. You will also read stories from fellow veterans and fascinating articles about transitioning military life!
*To sign-up for your E-Newsletter
, please select the “E-News Sign Up” button on the main IMH page. Don’t forget to tell us what you are most interested in reading about!